Compare the Top UK Remortgage Deals
Please Correct The Following Errors:
Shepshed is now part of Nottingham Building Society. A Shepshed remortgage, now available through Nottingham, can make switching lenders easier than you think. A range of base rate tracker, discounted and fixed-rate products include specialist options for self-build and buy-to-let customers.
Shepshed Building Society provided bonds, financial advice, mortgages and savings accounts to customers in the East Midlands for more than 125 years. It traded from 3 branches in Shepshed, Loughborough and Ruddington, and was an active donor to a number of local community projects. In 2013, Shepshed became part of Nottingham Building Society.
Joining Shepshed Building Society could be a great way to:
- Find a lower interest rate, reducing your monthly repayments
- Release equity for home improvements or an extension – these can increase the value and size of your property, removing the need for a move
- Enjoy greater mortgage flexibility, including the option to shorten the term of the loan by making regular overpayments
What is a remortgage?
A remortgage is when you replace your existing mortgage with a new one. There are many reasons for remortgaging, but the majority fall into one of the two following categories:
- Remortgaging to save money – If you have a fixed rate mortgage deal, your interest rate will usually switch to the lender’s Standard variable Rate (SVR) which is likely to be higher and will probably mean that you have to pay more each month. By switching to a better deal with a different mortgage provider, remortgaging could potentially allow you to benefit from lower interest rates and lower monthly mortgage repayments.
- Remortgaging to raise money – Remortgaging can allow you to release some of the equity in your home. This could be useful if you wanted to carry out repairs to the property, add an extension, help your child with their own mortgage deposit, or consolidate other existing debts.
Service and Data Privacy provided by SecureRights