Intelligent Finance Remortgage
BOE base rate cut to 0.1% - Remortgage rates at all time low!We are 100% independent & compare all UK lenders to help you find the best mortgage rate.
Please Correct The Following Errors:
Intelligent Finance no longer offers remortgage deals to new customers. The Intelligent Finance remortgage range of fixed-rate and tracker products offered free conveyancing and refunded valuation fees. Certain packages also enabled you to offset savings, investments or other excess income against the equivalent amount of your mortgage.
Intelligent Finance Review
Launched in 2000 as a division of Halifax plc, Intelligent Finance offered mortgage, current account, savings, credit card, personal loan and insurance services over the phone and online.
Since September 2001 Intelligent Finance has been part of the HBOS group, formed by a merger between Halifax and the Bank of Scotland.
A remortgage with Intelligent Finance included benefits such as:
- Pay off your mortgage more flexibly, with the option of payment holidays
- Offset to make your mortgage work for you – either reducing interest on borrowings or increasing interest on savings and investments
- Avoid moving home by releasing capital for improvements or an extension
What is a remortgage?
A remortgage is when you replace your existing mortgage with a new one. There are many reasons for remortgaging, but the majority fall into one of the two following categories:
- Remortgaging to save money – If you have a fixed rate mortgage deal, your interest rate will usually switch to the lender’s Standard variable Rate (SVR) which is likely to be higher and will probably mean that you have to pay more each month. By switching to a better deal with a different mortgage provider, remortgaging could potentially allow you to benefit from lower interest rates and lower monthly mortgage repayments.
- Remortgaging to raise money – Remortgaging can allow you to release some of the equity in your home. This could be useful if you wanted to carry out repairs to the property, add an extension, help your child with their own mortgage deposit, or consolidate other existing debts.
Service and Data Privacy provided by SecureRights