First Trust Bank Remortgage
Compare the Top UK Remortgage DealsWe are 100% independent & compare all UK lenders to help you find the best mortgage rate.
Please Correct The Following Errors:
First Trust Bank remortgage services cater for all Northern Ireland customers, including self-builders and those desiring a primary residence in the Republic of Ireland. Choose from repayment or interest-only, discounted, fixed-rate and flexible packages. Arrangement fees and early repayment charges are waived on some products.
First Trust Bank Review
First Trust Bank is the Northern Irish division of Allied Irish Banks. Operating from 57 branches, it provides business and personal banking, mortgages, invoice discounting, asset management and credit cards to customers in Northern Ireland.
A First Trust Bank remortgage could help you:
- Find a lower interest rate, saving on monthly repayments
- Release equity for other purchases, such as home improvements
- Enjoy greater mortgage flexibility, including the option of payment holidays
- Consolidate existing debts
What is a remortgage?
A remortgage is when you replace your existing mortgage with a new one. There are many reasons for remortgaging, but the majority fall into one of the two following categories:
- Remortgaging to save money – If you have a fixed rate mortgage deal, your interest rate will usually switch to the lender’s Standard variable Rate (SVR) which is likely to be higher and will probably mean that you have to pay more each month. By switching to a better deal with a different mortgage provider, remortgaging could potentially allow you to benefit from lower interest rates and lower monthly mortgage repayments.
- Remortgaging to raise money – Remortgaging can allow you to release some of the equity in your home. This could be useful if you wanted to carry out repairs to the property, add an extension, help your child with their own mortgage deposit, or consolidate other existing debts.
Service and Data Privacy provided by SecureRights