Compare the Top UK Remortgage DealsWe are 100% independent & compare all UK lenders to help you find the best mortgage rate.
Please Correct The Following Errors:
Egg remortgages are now administered by Yorkshire Building Society. Egg do not offer remortgages to new customers.
Egg Remortgage Review
Egg was established in 1998, providing its customers with value for money and a high quality of service. Egg won various awards in its relatively short life, including the Personal Finance Magazine award for Best Financial Product Provider Website and Best Credit Card Provider, and won accolades for Best Online Bank and Building Society from the Incisive Media Online Finance Awards for its ease of use, clarity and amount of support available to its customers. Egg Remortages are now held with Yorkshire Building Society.
The range of Egg remortgages available include:
- Fixed – for stability and better budgeting
- Flexible – for people whose circumstances are likely to change
- Discount – start off with two years of lower payments
What is a remortgage?
A remortgage is when you replace your existing mortgage with a new one. There are many reasons for remortgaging, but the majority fall into one of the two following categories:
- Remortgaging to save money – If you have a fixed rate mortgage deal, your interest rate will usually switch to the lender’s Standard variable Rate (SVR) which is likely to be higher and will probably mean that you have to pay more each month. By switching to a better deal with a different mortgage provider, remortgaging could potentially allow you to benefit from lower interest rates and lower monthly mortgage repayments.
- Remortgaging to raise money – Remortgaging can allow you to release some of the equity in your home. This could be useful if you wanted to carry out repairs to the property, add an extension, help your child with their own mortgage deposit, or consolidate other existing debts.
Service and Data Privacy provided by SecureRights