Compare the Top UK Remortgage DealsWe are 100% independent & compare all UK lenders to help you find the best mortgage rate.
Please Correct The Following Errors:
Our mortgage service compares Dunfermline BS mortgage rates with other leading UK lenders to help you get the best remortgage deal for your circumstances.
If you’re considering a Dunfermline Building Society mortgage or loan it is a good idea to find out first whether or not you will qualify and how competitive their prices really are. Checking this can save you precious time and money. As an independent broker we offer you a non biased view on whether or not Dunfermline are the best lender for you, in case you’re eligible for their offers, and if there is a better lender based on your requirements.
Dunfermline Agreement In Principle
If you are looking to remortgage, a mortgage Agreement in Principle (or an AIP for short) is a useful way of seeing how much you can borrow. It will also give you an approximate indication of how much you can remortgage your property for and any additional capital you may wish to do e.g. for home improvements or for debt consolidation purposes.
An Agreement in Principle doesn’t mean you’re committing to a particular mortgage, but provides a useful benchmark of what you can borrow.
Complete our enquiry form for a quote or call 0117 332 6064
Dunfermline Building Society is now part of Nationwide. As Scotland’s largest building society, the Dunfermline remortgage service was a chief player in the Scottish mortgage market. Its range of fixed-rate, discount and tracker remortgages benefited from competitive rates and the member value innate to a mutual society. A 10% overpayment facility and no Higher Lending Charge of 90% were available on certain products.
Now part of Nationwide, Dunfermline Building Society was established in 1869 to aid local people with the purchase and construction of housing. Following a merger with the Edinburgh and Paisley Building Society, it comprised 34 branches and had assets of £2.3 billion.
Now trading as part of Nationwide, Dunfermline Building Society provides mortgages, investments, insurance, and personal and commercial loans.
The Dunfermline remortgage deals could help you:
- Take a more flexible approach to your mortgage with the ability to ‘borrow back’ from any overspend at a later date
- Release equity to avoid moving home – improvements can increase the value of a property if carried out correctly
- Consolidate debts from cards and loans into a single monthly payment
What is a remortgage?
A remortgage is when you replace your existing mortgage with a new one. There are many reasons for remortgaging, but the majority fall into one of the two following categories:
- Remortgaging to save money – If you have a fixed rate mortgage deal, your interest rate will usually switch to the lender’s Standard variable Rate (SVR) which is likely to be higher and will probably mean that you have to pay more each month. By switching to a better deal with a different mortgage provider, remortgaging could potentially allow you to benefit from lower interest rates and lower monthly mortgage repayments.
- Remortgaging to raise money – Remortgaging can allow you to release some of the equity in your home. This could be useful if you wanted to carry out repairs to the property, add an extension, help your child with their own mortgage deposit, or consolidate other existing debts.
Service and Data Privacy provided by SecureRights